Alfa Ebooks Manager 2.5: Cool new Library Explorer, Google Books integration and more...
We are happy to introduce you the new version Alfa Ebooks Manager 2.5. It looks like a major update, but we decided to deliver it for FREE. Here is the list of the new features:
1. Completely rebuilt Library Explorer. It works like the MS Outlook sidebar: you can show or hide buttons, transform buttons into icons or vice versa. In the Authors pane you can now display authors without grouping - it looks very cool. Besides, right in the Library Explorer you can view the number of books (in each genre, series, etc), edit and delete items. The bonus is that the new Library Explorer works much faster.
2. Import from Google Library. We used to have this feature in the older versions and now we take it back. You can select any book list in your Google Library and import all book data and covers to your AEM database.
3. Multiselect books in the Thumbs View. Though the Shift-select still in the development, but the Ctrl-select and Ctrl+A (select all) work fine.
4. File Manager now allows to automatically create folders and move/copy ebooks to them basing on any parameter. For example, you can create a folder for each author or genre and put the appropriate books to them
5. More ISBN-check services. Now you can select between ISBNdb.com, Open Library, WorldCat xISBN
6. MD5-check for detecting duplicates (in the Scan and inside the database)
7. Optimized (faster) Wall View, Web Search
8. And many more...
We hope, you'll enjoy the new version, and don't forget to press the Like button in the header!
p.s. If you own AEM 2 license and haven't received our Update notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: October 21, 2011